Many Nissan vehicles come with a convenient feature where holding down the unlock button on the key fob rolls down the driver’s side window. However, this automatic window roll-down can be problematic if you have young children who are likely to play with the key fob. Fortunately, there are a few easy ways to turn off the automatic window roll-down in your Nissan.
In this article, we’ll explain what causes the windows to roll down automatically and how to disable this feature through a few different methods. Whether you want to permanently disable the auto window roll down or turn it off temporarily, we’ll cover some simple steps to override this function on your Nissan.
Therefore, read on to learn how to quickly and easily turn off the automatic window roll-down in any Nissan vehicle model.
Table of Contents
Steps To Disable The Nissan’s Automatic Window Roll-Down Feature
Step 1: Locate the fuse box
- This is usually under the dashboard on the driver’s side. Check out your owner’s manual for the exact location of your Nissan model.
- The fuse box lid will be visible with a diagram, where you can find it easily.
Step 2: Identify the correct fuse
- You’ll be looking for the power window fuse or auto function fuse. Again, check your manual for the specifics of your fuse layout.
- The fuse will likely be labelled if it controls power windows.
Step 3: Remove the fuse
- Use the fuse puller tool from inside the fuse box, grip the ends of the fuse and pull the fuse straight out from the slot.
- This may require some wiggling if the fuse shows some hard contact to remove.
Step 4: Test the windows
- Get in the vehicle, close the door and press the unlock button on the fob. The automatic window roll-down should not occur with the fuse removed.
- Manually roll the window all the way up and down to ensure the regular operation is onboard.
For Temporary Disabaling And Activation
Consider taping over the fob button
- For a temporary disable method, you can tape over the unlock button on the key fob to block accidental presses.
- Use a small piece of electrical or masking tape to complete this process.
Reinstall the fuse to reactivate
- When you are ready to turn the auto function back on, replace the correct fuse by pushing it straight into the empty slot.
- You may hear a click when it’s seated properly.
Reset the auto-reverse
- Once the fuse is in the slot, you’ll need to reset the auto-reverse by fully closing the windows and holding the switch up for a few seconds.
- This calibrates it to work safely again.
Check the owner’s manual for alternate ways
- Some Nissans have procedures to disable the feature through button combos or menus on the infotainment screen.
- Consider checking out those methods as well.
Frequently Asked Questions About Disable Nissan Window Roll Down
Q: Why do my windows roll down automatically when I unlock the doors?
A: This is a common feature in many Nissan models intended to vent hot interior air on hot days quickly.
Q: Is there a way to deactivate it without affecting other power window functions?
A: Yes, there may be a procedure to turn off just the auto-down function in the vehicle settings menu on the infotainment screen. Check your owner’s manual for a suitable method.
Q: Can I disable this feature on just one window?
A: Unfortunately, no, removing the fuse turns off all power windows. This is because the auto-down function is not configurable per window.
Q: Will disconnecting the battery may also turn it off?
A: Yes, disconnecting the battery will reset all electronic features, including turning off the auto window roll-down as well.