It’s incredibly frustrating when the USB ports in your 2019 Nissan Altima stop functioning correctly. Whether failing to play music, not charging devices, or not connecting, USB connectivity issues can leave you without access to essential phone functions while driving.
Before you take your car to the dealership, you can perform several DIY troubleshooting steps to identify and fix USB port problems in your 2019 Altima. In this article, we will cover the common causes of USB port failure in recent Nissan Altimas and walk through methods to diagnose and restore proper USB operation.
You can save time and money by repairing your Nissan Altima’s unresponsive USB ports with the correct targeted troubleshooting steps. Our step-by-step USB troubleshooting guide will help you get your ports working again to recharge devices and utilize your phone seamlessly through your car.
Table of Contents
- Common Causes Of USB Ports Not Working Correctly In 2019 Nissan Altimas
- Potential Solutions For Fixing A Non-Working USB Port In A 2019 Nissan Altima
- FAQs Of 2019 Nissan Altima USB Port Not Working
Common Causes Of USB Ports Not Working Correctly In 2019 Nissan Altimas
- The USB port may have a loose cable connection to the head unit or improper contact with the port housing, preventing proper function.
- Physical damage to the plastic housing or metal terminals within the USB port can prevent a proper device connection. Which can take place due to wear and tear over time.
- Damage to the metal contact pins inside the USB port, often from attempting to force plug insertion, can cause connectivity issues. Which results in bent or broken pins to not to make any connections.
- Build up of dust, dirt, or other particles in the USB port can interfere with connectivity between devices and the car’s system.
- There is often a separate fuse just for the USB ports. If blown, it will cut off the power supply to the ports.
- The infotainment system software, particularly after an update, may have bugs that disable or interfere with USB functionality.
- Some older devices may need to connect with the USB ports on newer Nissan vehicles properly. There may be power but no data transfer.
Bad USB cable
- Faulty or damaged USB cables can prevent a solid connection at the ports.
Electrical system issues
- Problems with the car’s electrical system wiring, battery condition, alternator, etc., can disrupt USB port power.
Potential Solutions For Fixing A Non-Working USB Port In A 2019 Nissan Altima
- Check for debris in the USB port and clean it with compressed air.
- Inspect the port for any damage to the plastic housing or bent/broken metal pins. Replacement ports can often be sourced online for DIY replacement if damaged.
- Re-seat cable connections at the back of the USB port and radio unit to ensure no loose wiring.
- Test with multiple known good USB cables and devices to isolate the issue.
- Update the infotainment system software to the latest version.
- Reset the radio system to factory defaults if software glitches disrupt the USB function.
- Check and replace any blown electrical fuses for the USB ports and charging system.
- Have the dealership run diagnostics and software updates if you are still under warranty for potential USB-related issues.
- As a last resort, replace the USB port or radio unit if physical damage is confirmed and prevent operation.
- Address any electrical system issues that could impact power delivery to USB, like the battery, alternator, or wiring faults.
FAQs Of 2019 Nissan Altima USB Port Not Working
How expensive is USB port repair or replacement for my 2019 Altima?
At an auto repair shop, expect $90-$150 for USB port repair and $125-$250 for complete replacement, including labor. Dealer charges are likely to be higher.
Can I get on the road without functioning USB ports temporarily?
Yes, you can still drive the vehicle safely. But you’ll need more conveniences like phone integration, charging, and more.